Thursday, March 13, 2014

CALAMITIES PRESS

Because I'm a sucker for a vast amount of projects and ambitions (this might be a product of my generation, we like to multitask while accomplishing little or nothing), I've started a zine/magazine/literary entity known as Calamities Press. This act was not solely done by me, but with the help of various people and places. I must shout-out to a few people:

Alex Wasnick - His graphic design expertise and artistic vision is insanely valuable.

Joseph Soto - He provides the most elusive force on any creative project - positivity.

Calamities Press is what I'm calling a Hodgepodge Zine. The sparkling array of multimedia platforms and servers are giving us such a rapid stream of media, we can barely assimilate the information. Calamities Press strives to wallow in this saturation of material. Calamities Press specializes in a little bit of everything. The format of the site is basic and user friendly. The pieces of writing published are short, tight, and cover a variety of topics, both fiction and nonfiction.

I'm writing two contributing stories for Calamities Press. I'm the president and executive editor of Calamities Press, so yes, it is corrupt that I'm being the contributor. I can't pass up the option to write some stuff. My current narrative serial is called Chains. Here is a description...

Chains: Taking place in Norse Mythology during the start of the Fimbul Winter, two bounty hunters are hired to investigate a city called Frigga on the border of Jotunheim and Midgard. Something dark and terrible was chained down inside the Iron Citadel of Frigga. The two bounty hunters are drawn into a huge conspiracy coming to fruition weeks before Ragnarok and the twilight of the gods. Chains is published every Friday on Calamities Press. Please take a look.

I'm working on another serial for it called The Silverguard.  I'm not sure how that one will start, but it'll be a vampire-themed story. Doing a project like Calamities Press allows me to explore these other genres and plot devices. Thank you everyone for your support, and here is the link to Calamities Press. Enjoy!

Calamities Press

 

No comments:

Post a Comment