Friday, November 1, 2013

Post Steampunk & Nothing New on the Horizon

I had the most amazing time at '13 Gears a Steampunk Bazaar here in the Twin Cities. The whole event occurred at Architectural Antiques in NE Minneapolis. The area was in an awesome mix of Victorian style furniture and illumination. I'll be back next year. I loved it.

Here are some pics from my booth, and where I was stationed at this super cool venue:
This was my spot at the event. It was an old-school bar that cost a mere $47,000 to own. It was really cool, and I loved having the Mad Hater over my shoulder.

This is what my spot looked like with an influx of my novel "Beware the Ills." I didn't want to clutter the place up too much, so I just balanced things.
Of course, I couldn't not take a selfish little selfie with me trying to look cool in my Steampunk gear. The majority of people looked far cooler than me. It wasn't a competition though, I just felt inferior.

I'll add more pics another time. I wanted to give a longer glimpse of the events I do around the Twin Cities. I really love doing these sorta things. Setting up a table, selling my book, talking to people, and asking every little/big question about my writing gives me a sustaining jolt of adrenaline and happiness I didn't know existed. There is a bit of a stereotype when it comes to writers being introverts, but you can't always trust those cultural cliches. New projects include a novel for Nanowrimo. I won't say much about it. It's a horror novel. Straight horror and such, with less fantasy influence. More details about it will be around at the end of the month. Thank you everyone for supporting me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment